[pde-ui-dev] Using the plug-in manifest editor for "properties-to-xml" editor

Hello folks,

I consider creating an editor which will generate an xml file from a set
of properties that a user will enter into a form. The form makes sure
that the user will not do anything that is not allowed by the schema.
This is pretty much what the plug-in manifest editor does, so I am
wondering whether I could recycle a major part of it.

I looked into the org.eclipse.pde.ui plug-in and it seems that the
relevant classes are defined in the
org.eclipse.pde.internal.ui.editor.plugin package. My questions:

- Is there any documentation on the design of the plug-in manifest
editor other than the (scarce) javadoc comments there?
- I do not like to build upon classes from "internal" packages, can you
point me to the places where the public parts of the framework are?
- Is this the right place to look in at all? (and is this the right
mailing list?)

Thanks for any hints / pointers.

Norbert Ploett

Back to the top