And as Asma already have pointed out, this issue with the missing Papyrus-RT specific diagrams is highly probable due to the UML-RT viewpoint is not activated automatically, you have to enable it manually if you install manually. The Oomph setup file and the RCP explicitly sets the needed preference, but when installing in this way you need to do it manually. This is tracked by bug 478298 and hopefully this will be solved by the new architecture and viewpoint framework in Oxygen.

I think that the core issue here, is that we lack good instructions of how the manual installation directly from the p2 updates sites really shall be made. But then on the other hand, how much effort should be spend on providing those detailed instructions? The problem I see is that we need to maintain both the Oomph setup file *and* a detailed user guide, and we need to ensure that both are kept synchronized... Maybe it is worth the effort, but do we know how many is really installing manually directly from p2 repos anyway?

/Peter Cigéhn

On 27 March 2017 at 00:17, SMAOUI Asma <Asma.SMAOUI@xxxxxx> wrote:

I think that the missing diagrams issue is due to the non activation of the UML RT viewpoint, we used to activate the papyrus rt viewpoint via the préférences: viewpoint configuration --> deployed from extension point.

Asma

De : papyrus-rt-dev-bounces@eclipse.org [papyrus-rt-dev-bounces@eclipse.org] de la part de Ernesto Posse [eposse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Envoyé : vendredi 24 mars 2017 22:23
À : papyrus-rt developer discussions
Objet : [papyrus-rt-dev] First 0.9.0 bug (maybe)

It looks like there is an issue when installing Papyrus-RT from the update site. This is not a problem when using the installer or the RCP.

This allows you to install Papyrus-RT, bringing in the Papyrus dependencies, *except* the Papyrus perspective. So you have to manually install Papyrus as well from http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/papyrus/updates/milestones/2.0/.

Once you have all there there is still a problem: no Papyrus-RT-specific diagrams!

Missing capsule diagram in the Model Explorer:

Screenshot 2017-03-24 17.16.25.png

... and in the "New Diagram" context menu:

Screenshot 2017-03-24 17.16.48.png

... and in the "Welcome" view.

Screenshot 2017-03-24 17.17.16.png

Is this capability from some feature in Papyrus Extras perhaps?

--
Ernesto Posse
Zeligsoft

--