[papyrus-rt-dev] State machine inheritance

Hello. While going through Christian's excellent demo videos, I found something that seemed to be a bit odd to me. It looks like capsule state machines are not automatically inherited.

More precisely, in the demo, there is a capsule Capsule1 with a state machine as its classifierBehavior, and a capsule Capsule2 with a Generalization to Capsule1. But Capsule2 does not get to inherit the state machine automatically. The user must explicitly add a state machine to Capsule2, which will then be (automatically) the redefinition of Capsule1's state machine.

This prompted a discussion with Christian on this issue, and we are not quite certain about the semantics here. In UML-RT, are state machines supposed to be inherited by default (if the user doesn't explicitly add a state machine) or not?

Furthermore, if we eventually support other classifier or owned behaviours such as interactions or activity diagrams, should they be inherited too?

--
Ernesto Posse
Zeligsoft

--