Re: [papyrus-rt-dev] facade and transition creation

Hi Christian,

So I foresee some conflicts if you have also worked on canonical synchronization and children strategies ;-) To help the work on transitions, I had to adapt a bit and to enhance the way canonical mode works for UML-RT state machines.
I had the issue of transitions displayed into a diagram where they should not. I planned initially to fix them by modifying the view providers. That would be the best solution, but there is no solution AFAIK to totally remove a provider from the view service and I am "polluted" by the Papyrus generic one. So I took the issue on another point of view, and I came modifying the canonical edit policy, or more precisely, the RT state machine children strategy. That's good that we discussed that topic, as I may also introduce a solution not viable when the inheritance will be in place. I check that the transition is contained in the "only" region displayed at screen. I ensure I do not have too much when running canonical policy. But there may be some troubles in cases of inheritance...

I will let you commit and do the merge on top of your contribution. I had 2 failing tests on the remote server [1] , where successful on the local machine. So I can wait before merging.

Cheers,
Rémi

[1] https://git.eclipse.org/r/91294/

Hi, Rémi,

I don’t have specific use cases to inform the discussion about the façade API for transitions, so I can only say that what you propose sounds good to me.  😀

However, I should note that I am happy to see more test coverage for canonical synchronization in the state machine diagram, but as you might expect I have completely overhauled the implementation in my work on inheritance.  So, obviously more reason to have improved test coverage, but I hope that you haven’t yet delved into fixing anything in the canonical children strategies!  A merge could be painful.

(I am working now on gerrit reviews to post today for merging my working into master.  It’s not finished, but I think it is time to start integrating it.  More on that soon in a new thread on this list.)

Cheers,

Christian