Re: [papyrus-rt-dev] Papyrus-RT Core Build

Hi, Philip,

Your guess is not wrong.  The Core Gerrit job runs the Tooling tests to ensure that changes in the Core don’t break Tooling.  Ideally, it would run the tests as previously built by the main Tooling build job, so that it would not have to build them itself and thereby find your new test class.  However, our builds do not publish their tests in p2 repositories and so you get what you’re seeing.

I think it would be best to actually publish the tests in a separate p2 repository in every main build’s Hudson archive so that dependent builds can find and run those tests.  This should be quite simple to do, especially as the only build that (currently) publishes its output to the download server is the Product build.

In the mean time, you could work around this by putting your tooling changes in a separate Gerrit patch and merging it to master before proceeding with your Core changes?

HTH,

Christian