[papyrus-rt-dev] Multiple Papyrus-RT-Master-Product builds for each merged commit

Hi,

I have a question regarding the new build system. I find a bit confusing knowing when it is safe to start upgrading and testing a merged commit. Almost all the latest commits that I have been merged and which I wanted to test, and for which I then I have checked the builds when they are finished, have been triggering the final Papyrus-RT-Master-Product to be built (at least) twice.

I guess that it is related to that a commit contains changes, e.g. for both core and tooling, which triggers both these builds (in parallell). When these are finished, they trigger the final product build. And then when the core is finished that triggers yet another tooling build, which in its turn triggers a product build again. In more or less all cases I have seen, the second product build has gotten stuck in the queue also since you cannot build two product builds in  parallell.

Is it safe to test already after the first product build have finished, or do I always have to wait for the second one to finish? More or less always having to wait for two product builds feels pretty time consuming (since each takes up to half an hour to complete).

Is the setup of the build system really correct? Why is both core and tooling triggered at the first step? If you only trigger building core, which then triggers tooling, which finally triggers product, then you don't have tooling and product building twice.

Any comments? Is this just how it is supposed to work? And that I (to be on the safe side) always needs to wait for the second (or whatever number the final will be) build before I can upgrade safely?

/Peter Cigéhn

Back to the top