[papyrus-rt-dev] Build infrastructure wiki questions

Hi. I finally had time to read the description of the build infrastructure at https://wiki.eclipse.org/Papyrus-RT/Developer_Guide/Builds, and I have a few questions:

First an RCP/Product newbie question here: if I wanted to package Papyrus-RT as a zip file to distribute, how would I do it? Are the "rcp" and/or "product" projects supposed to provide this? If not, do we have plans to do this?

Under "Integration Jobs" it says:

* Papyrus-RT-<Stream>-Product-Releases doesn publish and archive

Is that a "doesn't" or a "does"?

Under "Target Platforms", should the -Product path be updated to the updates/nighly/<Stream>?

Under "Triggering", it seems to me that codegen is a bit of a special case, because changes to plugins/xtumlrt/... should trigger a codegen build as well, or is this supposed to be handled by triggering the codegen build from a (not yet existing) xtumlrt build?

In fact, shouldn't there be triggering dependencies for the Gerrit jobs according to the components? E.g., shouldn't a gerrit build of "Core" trigger a build of "Tooling", "Codegen", etc?

--
Ernesto Posse
Zeligsoft

Back to the top