[papyrus-rt-dev] Papyrus-RT status and last Friday's coordination meeting

During last Friday’s Papyrus-RT coordination meeting, we had a discussion about the current status of Papyrus-RT development.

In short, with the current work left to be done, it was felt that Papyrus-RT would not be in a good enough state by the end of June to warrant a 1.0 release or an exit from incubation.

We agreed that, because of this, we would delay the 1.0 release and concentrate on another 0.x release.

As such, restrictions with regards to feature freeze are lifted until a new plan is elaborated.

Right now, I would hope that we can have a 0.8 release concentrating on completing the work on the structural aspects of the UML-RT DSL (e.g., capsules), followed by a 0.9 release concentrating on the behavioral aspects of the UML-RT DSL (e.g., state machines).

I will be drafting a new release plan that I hope will be approved next week at the Papyrus Industry Consortium meeting at EclipseCon France.

Sincerely,

Charles Rivet
Senior Product Manager
charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxx