[papyrus-rt-dev] Developer Oomph setup EMF generation

As several of you know, I'm trying to get the developer setup to automatically generate code from our EMF models (gerrit 70911), but unfortunately it doesn't work for me, even from a completely clean slate with no Eclipse pre-installed, no .p2, no .m2, no .eclipse.

The problem is this: during execution of the setup (after restarting) there are five Launch tasks:

Launch GenerateXtumlrtCommon.mwe2
Launch GenerateXtumlrtUmlrt.mwe2
Launch GenerateXtumlrtStatemachExt.mwe2
Launch GenerateXtumlrtStatemach.mwe2
Launch GenerateTumlrt.mwe2

The first four are the EMF models of our intermediate representation. The last is the Xtext project.

In my machine, if I execute this setup, on an existing workbench it works perfectly, but if I execute it from the Eclipse Installer, creating a new workbench with a new workspace and a new git repo, the first launch task (Common) doesn't execute, but the others do. Or more precisely, it starts executing, but it doesn't actually do anything. In the setup log I see the following:

Performing Launch GenerateXtumlrtCommon.mwe2
Execute Debug Command
Refresh resources...
Performing Launch GenerateXtumlrtUmlrt.mwe2

But between "Execute Debug Command" and "Refresh resources..." I should be seeing the output from the EMF code generator, as can be seen in the other launch tasks.

So it looks like the launch configuration is executed, but the actual MWE2 is not.

The weird thing is that there are no substantial differences between these launch tasks or the MWE2 workflows that they execute. In particular the Common and Statemach variants are almost identical, with the only differences being the name used to invoke the workflow and the name of the model passed to the EMF generator, which in both cases is correct.

The launch tasks and MWE2 workflows are located in the o.e.prt.xtumlrt.mmgenerators plugin (under plugins/xtumlrt/metamodel).

I don't understand why this is working for others. As I said, it does work *if* I run the setup tasks from an existing workbench, but not from the Eclipse Installer.

What could cause this? Are there any differences in running the setup task from an existing workbench and running it from the Eclipse Installer? Christian, Asma, when you got it to run, how did you run the setup? From the workbench or the Installer?

--
Ernesto Posse
Zeligsoft

Back to the top