Re: [papyrus-rt-dev] m2e configuration

Hi William. Yes, there's no need to ship a prebuilt RTS. Nevertheless, in a developer environment, as opposed to a user environment, it would be nice to be able to build it from within Eclipse, rather than build it in a VM, if you are not on Linux. But I don't think it's as important as being able to build all the other plugins.

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 7:12 PM William Byrne <williamb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> That's probably what we want, because after all, the RTS builds only on Linux.

If it helps, I'm finalizing cmake integration that's currently building on Windows, MSYS, and Ubuntu.  The RTS builds as a dependency to the generated model project so there's no need to ship a prebuilt RTS lib.

>>> Ernesto Posse <eposse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 5/9/2016 4:54 PM >>>
I have made some progress with the m2e configuration issues.

Opening any of the problematic poms and clicking on the error message on the Overview tab gives a bunch of quick-fixes, which includes installing additional m2e connectors. After installing all required I do get the build-helper-maven-plugin and the Tycho Project Configurator, but I still get errors on the codegen projects, except for the XtUML-RT projects. But I found out some of the reasons:

We use the maven-antrun-plugin to build the RTS, and it looks like there is no connector that can resolve that, but one of the options is to add an "ignore" action to that plugin execution, as described in https://www.eclipse.org/m2e/documentation/m2e-execution-not-covered.html. The quick-fix automatically adds the relevant declarations to pluginsManagement in either that pom or its parent. That's probably what we want, because after all, the RTS builds only on Linux.

Nevertheless, there are still tons of errors. I found two possible, but horrible solutions:

a) On each plugin with an error, disable the Maven nature and re-enable it.
b) Go to the Error Log, select the top element, delete it, and do a Clean... all.

The second one is easier, but a user shouldn't have to do either of these manually.

I've pushed 72334 to gerrit with the changes to the relevant poms. The gerrit also contains a whole bunch of other changes to .classpath and .prefs files. These resulted from me doing Maven->Update Project... (to all projects) as Celine had suggested before. I don't know if this is correct or not. Is this OK? So far the builds succeed in Hudson. I've put Christian and Celine as reviewers.

So it looks like we have two pending problems:

1) How and where to obtain the connector dependencies (and do that in the .setup)
2) How to avoid a) and b) above.

Any ideas?

--
Ernesto Posse