Re: [papyrus-rt-dev] Fixing EOLs in the git repository

Hi,

I am only a contributor, trying to learn how to provide Gerrit changes on Papyrus-RT. I have been struggling with these EOL issues when trying to setup my environment. I am working on Windows with EGit only. I have after my initial "trial and error" when trying to setup my environment, set autocrlf = auto, which seem to cause least head-ache for me and so far produced the least amount of EOL issues. I did however get one case of EOL issues in my latest Gerrit change (https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/68317/) where one of the test-models was affected. But I see that in your Gerrit change, you have also updated that same model file.

Anyway, I really hope that I can continue contributing Gerrit changes using this setup, i.e. Windows and EGit only, without causing too much head-ache for others (I really try to keep an eye on any EOL issues, since I do not want to generate too many changes in the Gerrit patches I contribute).

/Peter Cigéhn