Re: [papyrus-rt-dev] Layout of the git repository

I've added a comment to the new proposed layout on the wiki. I think it needs a bit of a refinement.

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 8:40 AM, SCHNEKENBURGER Remi 211865 <Remi.SCHNEKENBURGER@xxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

As you may have seen recently, I updated the structure on the git repository, but was not very happy with my own contribution on the codegen/runtime structure.

I agree that we should go for a better structure for the git, as the codegen and runtimes are tightly coupled. The proposal from Charles on discussion of the wiki seems a good one, that I would like to submit with few differences: the separation of the tests and the sources  as it is done currently on the server. (one folder for plugins, another one for tests)

I added a section to the talk area (https://wiki.eclipse.org/Talk:Papyrus-RT/Developer_Guide/Git_Repository)

I would like also that we avoid binaries in the git repo, to keep it as light as possible. The papyrus repo is  a very big one as we saved there some pdf or some other binary files there. The tools like ‘make.exe’ should be kept in a different manner (download area or reuse an existing one from somewhere else).

Regards,

Rémi

Rémi SCHNEKENBURGER

+33 (0)1 69 08 48 48