Re: [ospo.zone] Minimal Viable OSPO

Hi everyone,

maybe we could adopt a notation like the business model canvas and adapt it to the needs of an OSPO. It is used to define minimum viable products (MVP), so at least conceptually it seems to apply. The Open Data Institute (ODI) for example, has used it as a basis to create the Data Ethics Canvas.

Best regards to everyone,
Apostolos
--
Apostolos Kritikos
Research Associate

Open Data Registered Trainer, Open Data Institute (UK)
Member of Mozilla Open Leaders Network (USA)
Member of MyData Global (FI)

m: +30 6976 432234 | skype: akritiko
e: akritiko@xxxxxxxxxxx | w:
http://users.auth.gr/~akritiko/

Στις Τετ, 22 Σεπ 2021 στις 7:33 μ.μ., ο/η Boris Baldassari <boris.baldassari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> έγραψε:
Dirk, Mike,

Thanks for the inputs. I agree it would probably be a good start, but I don't think it'd be enough to define a minimal OSPO -- at least not in the OSPO Zone and Good Governance Initiative contexts.

In my humble opinion and understanding, what makes the OSPO Zone different is precisely that: a body of knowledge that goes beyond compliance and spans to organizational, cultural, and strategical areas.
Not all of them must be addressed in the beginning, of course, but I'd personally recommend starting quite early with e.g. educational and cultural topics. One example would be to provide people and teams with a point of contact for questions related to open-source within the organization. It may look futile, but I think it's a great way to actually start the community building and get traction.

--
boris