[osgi-users] Coordinator Service for long-running tasks

Hi!

Getting back into OSGi after a very long hiatus.

I thought maybe the Coordinator Service could be useful for me, but when reading the service spec it looks like it is for short-running tasks.

Can it be used for long-running tasks as well?

I have a complex service that interacts with a number of other services. I will call this a “coordination”. When there is an issue with any one of the services, it messes up the coordination. I want to have the Coordinator run for the lifetime of the service, which follows the service lifecycle.

At first glance, the description of the Coordinator Service seems perfect for this case, but then when I look at the examples it appears that it was made more for short-running tasks.

Also, Google has not been very helpful. Is anybody able to point me to some real examples of how to use the Coordinator Service?

Thanks!
=David

Back to the top