[osgi-users] DS Singleton deactivation

I'm looking for the best way to deactivate a singleton DS component. Looking at the spec under 112.5.4 Delayed Component it states: " If the service has the scope attribute set to singleton or bundle, SCR must deactivate a component configuration when it stops being used as a service object after a delay since the component configuration may be reused as a service object in the near future. This allows SCR implementations to reclaim component configurations not in use while attempting to avoid deactivating a component configuration only to have to quickly activate a new component configuration for a new service request. The delay amount is implementation specific and may be zero"

What does this mean in practice and what is the contract for implementations? (I'm using Equinox if that is relevant).

Thanks
Alain

Back to the top