From: Raymond Auge <raymond.auge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: osgi-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: "This is a community mail list for OSGi technology. Any OSGi technical discussion or questions are acceptable here." <osgi-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [osgi-users] cmpn and enterprise
Date: Fri, Jan 8, 2021 16:41

We do not recommend using the monolithic companion bundles at runtime. In fact the most recently produced monolithic companion bundles will not resolve at runtime, deliberately.

In their place you should use the standalone companion API artifacts individual to each spec in question.

The reason is that there is nothing preventing you from using the API for DS 1.2 (R4) along with Http Whiteboard 1.1 (R6) and Log 1.4 (R7) on an R8 framework; however using one of the monolithic bundles combines those APIs in such a what that forces you to take all the APIs at a given R* (which is not necessary or desirable.)

Sincerely,
- Ray