Re: [os-gov-dev] Main Topics

I didn't want to limit ourselves to the previous work.  I wanted to see if anyone had any additions.

On Wed, Apr 3, 2024 at 1:14 AM Boris Baldassari <boris.baldassari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hiho good people,

Thank you Silona for starting this thread.

When compared to the structure we have defined earlier at [1].

[1] https://pad.castalia.camp/mypads/?/mypads/group/ieee-osspg-jyi0pyt/view

I see the following mapping:
* Trademarks and Copyrights (*) -> Trademark & logos
* Release management and Planning (*) -> Release planning
* Project Infrastructure -> Project Infrastructure
* Code of Conduct -> Diversity and code of conduct (*)
* Ownership -> Ownership & Governance management (* - although I'm not sure what it's about)
* Security (*) -> Software vulnerabilities
* Typical Governance Structures -> Project community Governance (*)

 (I've marked my personal preference for naming with an asterisk*)

Can you/we confirm this is what you/we have in mind?

This shows up only in the new list, and I like it.
* Production readiness -> This is about TRLs (or similar), right? Definitely needed IMHO.

Following, this topic seems to be missing (and I think it's damned important):
* Licensing considerations

As a reminder, we also need to work on a landing page for our initiative. A draft document (mostly empty for now) has been created at [x]

[x] https://pad.castalia.camp/p/os-gov-landing-page-joe0o0j

Boris Baldassari
Open Source Consultant | Eclipse Foundation Europe GmbH
M:+33 648038289

https://chat.eclipse.org/#/room/#os-gov:matrix.eclipse.org