Re: [openmq-dev] Staging 6.0.0 (final)?

I am NOT GOING to use this job (now) - I just have questions regarding "3_openmq-staging-to-release"

It looks like the next step after 1_build_and_stage and 2_run_tck.

But the following is not clear for me.

1. This job seems to be not parameterized - and its role is to promote everything that is currently staged. Does it mean IF it runs - all versions visible at https://jakarta.oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/staging/org/glassfish/mq/mq-distribution/ - including M1, 2, 3 and RC1, 2, 3 would be released - if not dropped?

(After browsing here and there this one I'm self-answering below, but it can be confirmed or corrected as I'm guessing a bit)

No. https://jakarta.oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/orgglassfishmq-1006/org/glassfish/mq/mq-distribution/ is the staging area that contains ONLY 6.0.0 release.
It was reported by 1_... job, buld #65 (6.0.0):
[INFO]  * Created staging repository with ID "orgglassfishmq-1006".
So before running job 3_... stagingRepositoryId has to be updated (to orgglassfishmq-1006 I guess).

2.There is some pom.xml created on the fly in the 3_... job.
2a. Is it used just to inherit staging configuration from the parent? If so - should it be updated to inherit from ee4j/project:1.0.6 to have current configuration?
2b. Has the version (5.1.2-SNAPSHOT now) any meaning? If it has not - would just 'SNAPSHOT' (to not be similar to any real versions) work?

Piotrek

Back to the top