Re: [oniro-wg] Towards an Oniro chat service: channels structure proposal

Hello Esben,

On Fri, 13 Jan 2023 at 09:15, <esben@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Agustín Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> writes:
>
> > Hello again,
> >
> > On Wednesday, 11 January 2023 18:48:21 CET Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:

> >> That is correct. This channel will be like any other channel or
> >> resource provided by EF. You need an EF account to participate.
> >
> > Let me rectify the above statement.
> >
> > * The EF matrix server will only allow users with an EF account for now.
> > * You will be able to access EF matrix channels through federated services
> >   (matrix.org or other federated servers).
> >    * I have already tested and I can join oniro-wg (test) channel using my
> >      matrix.org account in my Element client (flatpak in opensuse)
>
> Can you share some information so that we can help test it out as well?

As soon as it is ready for beta testing, I will pull you in. We would
like to have the definitive channels as well as other things polished
during this alpha testing phase.

> > * Users will be encouraged to use an EF account to access EF matrix channels.
>
> Any ideas on how this encouragement will look like?  Will it be some
> kind of disclaimer?  Or some kind of limitations applied to users with
> non-EF accounts?

Not yet. A disclaimer is one option, a form before joining is another,
a notification.... we will experiment a bit. Since you have your own
server, I will tell IT to add you to the beta testing phase so you
also become part of the experiment.

> >    * We at EF will work on the measures to apply to make absolutely clear to
> > users that they comply with EF framework and processes when getting into EF
> > channels. Matrix offers several options to do so. We will experiment with them
> > at Oniro.
>

> > I cannot guarantee that the above set up will remain overtime. As mentioned,
> > Oniro is the front line and we can find ourselves in a situation where we need
> > to adapt things in order to roll out the service at scale and document them as
> > part of our processes. Hopefully we will sort out any inconvenient or
> > potential risk that comes up.
> >
> > I hope the above adresses Andrei, Zyga, Esben and Marta's first
> > concern.
>
> I think it mostly does.  But as it often is, the devil is in the details :)

Agree. Let;s wait and see.

Best Regards

Agustin

Back to the top