Re: [oniro-wg] [oniro-wg-marketing-committee] MoM - Oniro WG Marketing Committee Launch Meeting 2020wk10

Hello,

On Thursday, March 24, 2022 10:59:26 AM CEST Carlo Piana wrote:
> Thank you, Agustin, seems OK
>
> I notice that we (according to one of my pet peeves) have scheduled the
> meetings @ 15:00 UTC. Kudos for using a sane timing convention!
>
> Since the Northern hemisphere is in the process of moving towards DST (a
> disgrace, if you ask), and AFAICT most or all of USA has already switched,
> this would actually push the date one hour later (EG, 17:00 CEST - UTC+2).
> I wonder if we keep it like this and avoid any complications (not all
> calendar application work the same, Outlook must be set properly to take
> account of the change of timezone for DST) with the slight inconvenient of
> a moving date in the daily routine during summertime, or adapt to it and
> resolve to push the time one hour earlier in UTC terms, so that it takes
> account of DST (that is, 14:00 UTC during April-October, roughly)?

Ah, time changes...

Since most people are in Europe, I will assume that nobody wants to shift
meetings in their calendars twice a year so I will not move the meetings and
will change twice a year the reference time in the Meetings wiki page until
Chairs or organisers tell me otherwise, based on their discussions in the
forums they manage.

In other words Carlo, a meeting that used to take place at 16:00 CET now I
will assume it will take place at 16:00 CEST unless the Chair tell me
otherwise based on the discussion/vote of the specific Committee.

There is one particular case, the marketing committee

On the proposal I made by mail and in the minutes of the Marketing meeting I
deliberately used UTC because I knew about the coming time change. Next week
we have the first meeting under the new agreement.

So based on the existing agreement, the marketing meeting will take place at
15:00 UTC, 16 CET which means 17:00 CEST. But we have a new Chair (Chiara) so
maybe she would like to reconsider in the coming meeting this schedule because
it might not have been clear to everybody or were simply assuming the other
approach.

> For the record, I am fine with both options.

Me too. Both represent effort from my side, either adapting  the Oniro
calendar or the Meetings wiki page.