[oniro-wg] FOSDEM 2022

Hello everyone,

Quick overview of what’s going on for FOSDEM (Feb, 5th-6th). A more detailed and final recap email will be sent by Dony in the upcoming days, meanwhile:

·       BOOTH à the virtual stand is set up https://stands.fosdem.org/stands/oniro_project/ and it has been also linked to the Eclipse Foundation one https://stands.fosdem.org/stands/eclipse-foundation/

o   We are currently working on an infographic document to be used in the stand as downloadable asset to recap the Oniro project and attract people with embedded CTAs (specifically targeting tech audience)

o   Dony will share a “man the booth” document in order to organize people to keep an eye to the stand chat being sure someone is always present to answer questions

·       SOCIAL MEDIA à a post calendar has been shared during the last marketing meeting (also available in git) to collect long and short copies, #, @, date and time to be used by all the members as a guideline.

o   @Agustin à what’s the current status to nominate the social media admin for the Oniro official page? we need to align with Shanda on the tool to be used to post

·       DOCUMENTATION à eyes will be on us during the two days of event indeed I asked the documentation team to check everything is in there and update what must be updated. Better check everything that is public

·       WEBPORTAL à for the same reason I would suggest to integrate a bit the webportal with catchy call to actions, some insights about the WG structure etc

·       PRESS RELEASE à not leveraging FOSDEM audience would be a pity… I suggest to release a communication to mention the first steering committee (that will happen on the 27th); mention the migration process of the infrastructure under Eclipse as WIP; start teasing towards Goofy that will be officially kicked-off at the end of Feb.  I can provide a draft content within the next two days.

On a separate side @Agustin how can we manage the IP property related to assets we define with external agencies? The topic came up during the last meeting, do you have any comment from your legal department (we can’t sign the transfer agreement everytime we deliver something).

Maybe an agreement between Eclipse and the graphic agency can be took into consideration to shorten and make the flow easier?

Or any other idea is welcome @Carlo Piana please weigh in if you have any comment related to IP transfer.

Thanks

C.

Back to the top