Re: [omr-dev] Minimal FrontEnd.hpp extensions

I believe those functions come from an aborted attempt to implement stack maps and method meta
data for a prototype CPython JIT that has never been open sourced (you can "tell" by references to
"pyatlas" and such things. The idea is analogous to the stack maps used in the JVM to describe which
local variables and registers hold live object references at calls or any other code location that could
be interrupted by a GC (yes, I realize that's something of a strange thing to talk about in the context
of the reference counting CPython runtime).

I don't believe this code is needed anymore, though we will certainly want something like it for
supporting garbage collected languages in future. At a minimum, I think it's safe for you to ignore
it.

I think Daryl Maier was the original author. Daryl, is there any reason to keep this code at this point ?

Mark Stoodley 8200 Warden Avenue
Senior Software Developer Markham, L6G 1C7
IBM Runtime Technologies Canada
Phone:+1-905-413-5831
e-mail:mstoodle@xxxxxxxxxx

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them - Albert Einstein