Re: [omr-dev] Contributor Licence Agreement Superseded?

On 9/16/2016 3:33 PM, Matthew Gaudet wrote:
I was just working on education about OMR for JIT compiler developers,
and realized that the link in Contributing.md points to this [1] page
on the Eclipse Contributor License Agreement.

However, if you visit that page today, you'll note a banner at the top
that reads "This page is deprecated and may contain some information
that is no longer relevant or accurate."

Poking around, I notice that now it appears that there is an Eclipse
Contributor Agreement (ECA) here: http://www.eclipse.org/legal/ECA.php.

Has this superseded our use of the CLA? ie. Should we be getting new
developers to sign the CLA or the ECA?

Answers to these questions can be found at
https://mmilinkov.wordpress.com/2016/08/22/progress-update-on-ip-eclipse/ and
https://mmilinkov.wordpress.com/2016/08/15/contributor-agreement-update/

FAQ at https://www.eclipse.org/legal/ecafaq.php

While you're at it, you may want to read:
https://mmilinkov.wordpress.com/2016/06/29/overhauling-ip-management-at-the-eclipse-foundation/

If those do not answer your questions, you can always seek advice on either license@xxxxxxxxxxx or incubator@xxxxxxxxxxx.

Hope that helps!

--