What I assume is that you could add the installation units to the setup as an extra units. After running oomph you should see lsp4e.debug in the target platform and it should be possible to use it. Subsequently the extra units should be removed again.

Best
Sebastian
Screenshot 2019-12-10 at 09.16.34.png
--
Sebastian Zarnekow
Saskatoon Str 33 | 14513 Teltow
Tel: 0151 / 1739 6724

On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 6:09 PM Jens von Pilgrim <developer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

I haven’t done it in a while, so I need some help.

I want to add a new plugin to the target platform, so that we can use it e.g. in the runners.
To be more concrete, it is the org.eclipse.lsp4e.debug plugin.

I have added the plug in to the N4JS.setup file as follows:

<setupTask
      xsi:type="setup.p2:P2Task"
      label="LSP4E">
    <requirement
        name="org.eclipse.lsp4e.debug"
        versionRange="[0.10.0,0.12.1)"/>
    <repository
        url="" href="https://download.eclipse.org/lsp4e/releases/0.12.0" target="_blank">https://download.eclipse.org/lsp4e/releases/0.12.0/"/>
  </setupTask>

and also as repository:

<repository
            url="" href="https://download.eclipse.org/lsp4e/releases/0.12.0" target="_blank">https://download.eclipse.org/lsp4e/releases/0.12.0"/>

Running the set up tasks shows me that something is downloaded.

However, it is not added to the targetplatform file org.eclipse.n4js.targetplatform.target

What do I miss?

Cheers,

Jens

PS We need LSP4E for implementing the debugger, since LSP4E already allows for debugging node.js applications using the VSC node-js DAP plugin.