Re: [mylyn-dev] Request for help: connector discovery

Peter,

Thanks very much for doing some testing.  I'll take a look at the issues.

See some comments below:

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 12:14 PM, Peter Stibrany <peter@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello David,

I reported few minor UI issues I found (277191, 277194).

I wanted to try creating custom discovery site again, but Discovery
Connector didn't show up my plugin.

You should be aware that in order for your discovery site to be discovered, it must be listed in the discovery directory at http://www.eclipse.org/mylyn/discovery/directory.xml
If you want for your site to be listed there you should create a bug under Tools/Mylyn to that effect.

After some digging around I found
that VerifyUpdateSiteJob discards connectors with update sites without
content.jar file. My update site doesn't have P2 metadata, so it
doesn't show up :-(

Yes, currently Mylyn discovery only includes features that are available from update sites that include P2 metadata.  I recall that there was a good reason for this, though I don't remember what it was.  Perhaps Steffen, Mik or Rob could comment on this.

Regards,

David

Back to the top