Re: [mylar-dev] cvs rename

Mik Kersten wrote:
The good thing about the common navigator stuff is that once you've got all
the content providers and stuff wired up you can show it in either the
Project Explorer or your own view, so it's flexible.

But that's an interesting point about the Active Search view, because I
think of that view as being able to show any non-hierarchical part of the
task context.  I actually don't like the name Active Search because it
speaks about the underlying implementation (we're predicting interest via
via Search), and not the utility (it shows elements that are part of your
context but that don't fit in an explorer/navigator view hierarchy).
Btw, as an experiment I've done all my programming this week using the
Project Explorer.  It's been working fine, and the only weirdness I noticed
is that Mylar should probably put back the Import Declarations filter.  So
I'm wondering what's making you feel that it's toyish?  Also, aren't people
doing web development going to be forced to use it instead of the Package
Explorer?
 Who said I am doing web development? :-)

The trouble I have with Project Explorer is that it does not provide an option to use working sets as a top level elements. I find this very inconvenient for workspace with about 50 projects from unrelated areas... Sort of powerful feature that allows to categorize projects (I have 8 categories defined). I do occasional work on some of those projects (e.g. mylar and subclipse), monitor developers activity (number of open source projects) and only small number of those is used for active development. All in all I do need oll of this stuff in my workspace. It probably does not matter when Mylar tasks are active, but when it is not I find it hard to navigate without this feature. Another big limitation of Project Explorer is that it does not allow to filter out resources based on pattern (SCCS folders for instance) and jars from a build path.

BTW, speaking of Mylar, i don't think you should disable empty folders and empty parent folders filters when enabling mylar filter. It clutter the ui when temporarily unfiltering folders/packages with mylar.

 regards,
 Eugene