RE: [mylar-dev] compatibility with 3.2 builds

Mik,

What do you mean by "refuse to install"? Are you strickly talking about using the update manager to update from an Eclipse integration build to an Eclipse nightly build? That won't work since the version qualiifers are incompatible. However, you should still be able to download an Eclipse nightly build and then install the latest Mylar into it.

Michael

"Mik Kersten" <beatmik@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: mylar-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/25/2006 05:21 PM

Please respond to
Mylar developer discussions

"'Mylar developer discussions'" <mylar-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [mylar-dev] compatibility with 3.2 builds

0.5.0.1 should support the latest nightlies, the problem is that the version
numbering scheme changed (to org.eclipse.platform_3.2.0.N20060424-0010
instead of 3.2.0.v2006..) so it will refuse to install.  Since everyone has
been encouraged to use the nightlies, we will put up a dev build tonight
that understands the new version numbering.  For now you would have to use
HEAD or copy the plug-ins manually.

Mik