    *From:* mylar-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
    [mailto:mylar-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] *On Behalf Of *Eugene Kuleshov
    *Sent:* March 5, 2006 4:04 AM
    *Cc:* Mylar developer discussions
    *Subject:* [mylar-dev] Re: Bugzilla Repository cannot be added

      As promised. Here is a screenshot of the quick and dirty
    JavaMail-based repository connector supporting pop3, imap and nntp
    (including auth and crypto).

      Most of the time I spent on building gnu JavaMail provider with
    nntp support and removing some usage of the URL class in Mylar code.

      I guess there will be some licensing issues with gnu packages, so
    as last resort it is probably possible to use Jakarta net component
    for nntp (non JavaMail API though) and Sun's JavaMail jars for pop3
    and imap.

      regards,
      Eugene

    Eugene Kuleshov wrote:

    P.S. Since posts like this involve investigation, I think I need
    task contexts to start working with newsgroup posts in addition to
    bug reports ;)

      That is easy. Using Javamail it would be pretty much the same code
    for pop3, imap or nntp. So, as soon as you confirm that API is
    stable...

      regards
      Eugene