Re: [mylar-dev] Quick question regarding recapturing original context

Mik Kersten wrote:

[...]
By default in Mylar closing a file is equivalent to reducing it's interest
and the interest of it's children.  So you didn't lose your context--those
things just became interesting.  However, by deleting all the XML files you
deleted all of your contexts.  If you can restore into that directory (e.g.
from the recycle bin) you will get the back.  Otherwise remember to use the
export facility occasionally.  We could also consider having an automatic
prompt to periodically back up the task list and contexts to a specified
directory?

I advise strongly against a prompt. At least make it optional since I find it very annoying to have such popups. I think a autosave functionality like in most Office packets would be a good start. Say every 5-10min the context and its associated files get automatically backed up.

Regards
Stefan

Back to the top