Re: [mosquitto-dev] Starting/stopping bridges dynamically

On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 12:36:24PM -0000, Karl Palsson wrote:

> I've done this sort of thing, but it doesn't need to start a new bridge.
>  (Though that would work too)  You can also just have a "support enabled" flag in your app, and publish there on demand.
>
> This is of course just a sort of manual way of doing the same thing, but
> it's definitely workable.  You'd still need the helper app on the remote
> side anyway to turn on the bridge on demand.

Thanks for your suggestion, but there are many apps involved on both
sites (also web apps via websockets) and this would make things much
more complex then needed.

The workaround I've tested now is an extra broker on the local site
that, when started, sets up two bridges: one to the main local broker
and one to the remote broker.  This broker can be started/stopped
by a simple script (Python, Lua) that can even get the bridge broker's
config via a message (on a protected channel).

--
--    Jos Vos <jos@xxxxxx>