Re: [mosquitto-dev] Telemetry Layer for QGIS and Mosquitto

Hi Andrew,

That's great, thanks for sharing. I always like to see what people are
doing with the code.

I notice you're using mosquitto.py - I'd suggest that you should move
to using the Paho Python client instead (pip install paho-mqtt). The
mosquitto client moved to Paho and will not be available in mosquitto
from version 1.4. You need to make some changes to use Paho, but they
are very minor, e.g.

import paho.mqtt.client as paho

client = paho.Client()

instead of

import mosquitto

client = mosquitto.Mosquitto()

Everything else pretty much remains the same.

Cheers,

Roger