Re: [milo-dev] Transferring files using Milo

I'm afraid this won't be as easy as you might hope.

There is no "easy" API for this in Milo because file transfer is not commonly used in OPC UA at the moment.

From the client side it involves a series of method calls on File objects in the server.

From the server side it involves instantiating FileType Nodes and implementing all the required methods to support reading them.

The closest thing to an example would be this implementation in the demo server:
opc-ua-demo-server/FileObject.kt at master · digitalpetri/opc-ua-demo-server (github.com)
opc-ua-demo-server/FileNodesFragment.kt at master · digitalpetri/opc-ua-demo-server (github.com)

The OPC UA spec that describes how Files work is here: OPC 10000-20 Unified Architecture Part 20 File Transfer | OPC UA Online Reference (opcfoundation.org)