Re: [mdt-papyrus.dev] New version of Papyrus : 0.7M3

But this is not "The Eclipse Way" of doing things. :(

Kenn

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 3:38 AM, Raphael FAUDOU <raphael.faudou@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
No, this is not what we decided.
The foundations of papyrus are not yet finalized (encapsulation of resources, DI format to address control command, full profile support...) and we do not want to cope with migrating user models.
To avoid the frustration of models that can not be open in the next milestone, and to avoid to get 100 bugs posted on things that are not completely implemented or that changed we decided to limit the communication about those milestones.
Hope it is clearer now
raphaël

Francisco Javier Cano a écrit :
+1 for the comment that Tom makes about making the releases open to the public as soon as possible.

As he says, as long as these releases are labeled so that potential users know the release is not a final or stable release  they should know what to expect.
Furthermore, the sooner the product is shown to the public the more people that will be attracted  to it, be it users or additional contributors.

I think that, with proper labeling and warnings, Papyrus can be shown to the public.

Regards,
Javier Cano
--

Tom Morris wrote:
Salut Raphäel et Thibault,

Thanks for the replies.  I think as long as the builds are
appropriately labeled (e.g. "development build" or something similar),
you've warned potential users/testers/developers what to expect.

I recognize this is a decision that only the team can make, but I'd
encourage you to consider publishing development baselevels on
eclipse.org as soon as feasible -- perhaps sooner than you feel 100%
comfortable with.  The earlier you start expanding the circle of
people exposed to the product, the stronger the end result will be.

Best regards,
Tom