[mdt-papyrus.dev] Re: New Content outline NPE

Hi Cedric,

It seems you have uncommented and recommented the view init.

Oki for the icon provider.

And I agree and i used the papyrus extension mechanism to associate
outline.
Also, the other new view is not an outline, it's the "Model Explorer"
use to navigate in model. We could add another extension to use several
model navigator but i think it's overkill. Indeed, the "Model Explorer"
provided actually is based on CNF. And CNF provide powerful extension
facilities (you can add new contentProviders, labelProviders, filters,
sorters, actions ...)

Cheers,
Jérôme.

Le mercredi 18 février 2009 à 17:51 +0100, Cedric Dumoulin a écrit :

>   Yep, too fast ...
>
>   Now it works for me, so I have uncommented the view init.
>   But, I have some questions/remarks:
>       * There is already a papyrus extension mechanism to associate
>         outline. Can we use it instead of declaring it in the editor ?
>       * It seems that the outline use icons declared in the nested
>         editor declarations. This declaration mechanism is for the
>         sash system. I am not sure it is save to link the outline to
>         this mechanism. Can we use a kind of provider to provides the
>         icons, and remove the dependance.
>       * The outline must be pluggable/unpluggable by removing its
>         plugin. The core should not depend of the outline, in any
>         way  !!! This is not the case today :-)
>   Cedric
>
> Jerome BENOIS wrote:
> > Hi Cedric,
> >
> > Le mercredi 18 février 2009 à 17:08 +0100, Cedric Dumoulin a écrit :
> >
> > > I have commented out the outline viewer activation because it send a NPE.
> > > (see org.eclipse.papyrus.core.editor.SashMultiDiagramEditor.activate())
> > >   Jerome, did it work for you ?
> > >
> > Yes it's works for me. Have you checkout the new plugin
> > org.eclipse.papyrus.navigator?
> > This plugin contains the model explorer view activated in
> > SashMultiDiagramEditor.activate()
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Jérôme.
> >

> > > Cedric