From: mdt-papyrus.dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Cedric Dumoulin
Sent: Wed 2/4/2009 11:23
To: Papyrus Project list
Subject: Re: [mdt-papyrus.dev] Tutorials on CNF

  Hi,

  One silly question about CNF:
  How do you program/describe your CNF navigator:

    * by describing it in xml/extension files
    * or by coding some Java classes ?

  A quick glance to the few docs found on the net let me say that you do
it in xml only. Is it right ?

The central point is the group of extension points that allow you to contribute new ContentProviders, LabelProviders and ActionProviders to the Common Navigator.
In these extension points you chave to specify which classes implement the ContentProvider, LabelProvider or ActionProvider.
In the case of UML2, the content provider and label provider already exist in the UML2 component, so those can be used.
In case you want to provide Content/Label/Actionproviders for other metamodels, you have to implement them, usually using the ones generated by EMF.

  Cedric