[mdt-papyrus.dev] Custom code and code generation

Hi,

I was continuing working on the class diagram editor but I have some problems that needs to be solved between going further. I have more and more customized code and the regeneration whe modifying the GMF models becomes more and more difficult.
For some custumization I want to do, I cannot use the "not generated" tag. For example, for modeling the template signature, there is a particular locator and in this case I cannot use the "not generated" tag, because in this case there are sideeffects that will impact the possiblities to modify the compartiment of a  class. In this case, I think that the best solution is to modify the generation template itself.
Questions:
==> Do you confirm, I am right?
==> Who has some experience in modifying the generation template? If yes what are the modifications that you may have done for example?

An addiitonal need I will have is to work on the gmfgen model in order to add specific behavior, e.g. on the edit parts. But I think it will not be sufficient, I think I will have to extend the gmfgen meta model (and also its editor) in order to add new concepts : e.g., specific locators, very specific parsers for stereotype label, etc. My purpose for such modifications, is to add information in the gmfgen model that will be needed to provide a more precise/complete, and above all efficient, code generation. In parallel, I have post this question in gmf newsgroup, but I would like to have your opinion also and help if possible.

Cheers... Patrick

Patrick Tessier
Research Engineer
DRT LIST/DTSI/SOL/LISE CEA-Saclay
91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex
Tel: 01 69 08 48 63
www.papyrusuml.org

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:TESSIER;Patrick
FN:TESSIER Patrick 202707 (Patrick.TESSIER@xxxxxx)
ORG:;SOL/LLSP
TITLE:Ingénieur Chercheur
TEL;WORK;VOICE:(01) 69 08 48 63
ADR;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:;B=E2t. 451 Pce 9;CEA SACLAY=0D=0ADRT/DTSI;GIF/YVETTE CEDEX;;91191;FRANCE
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:B=E2t. 451 Pce 9=0D=0ACEA SACLAY=0D=0ADRT/DTSI=0D=0AGIF/YVETTE CEDEX 91191=
=0D=0AFRANCE
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:Patrick.TESSIER@xxxxxx
REV:20071011T094630Z
END:VCARD