[m2e-users] Configuring Maven Builder in Eclipse?

Hello.  I would like to know how to configure the Maven Builder for my Maven project.

I am aware that I can create various Run Configurations and explicitly invoke Maven goals from there, but I want to control the Maven builder itself--the thing that does the automatic incremental builds.

I am looking at the console, and I don't see that it is invoking any particular goals when doing incremental builds.  However, it is triggering my buildnumber-maven-plugin plugin.  I want the Maven builder to effectively be supplied with "-Dmaven.buildNumber.doCheck=false" when it does its thing.  But I can't find a way to tell it to run with this parameter.

I don't particularly want to have this parameter in my ~/.m2/settings.xml file because I only want this to be on for Eclipse.  I realize that I could supply a different settings.xml file, but that just seems annoying.  Surely there's a way to supply various parameters to the m2eclipse-supplied Maven builder?

I've also posted this question to StackOverflow if it is better answered there.

Thanks,
Laird

Back to the top