Re: [lsp4e-dev] Preferences for particular language servers

Hi,

Would be very useful to have this, yes.

regards,
Vlad

On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 9:55 AM Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 2:51 AM, Nathan Ridge <zeratul976@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi al

Hi,

I was wondering if it would be possible to somehow integrate this with the existing "Language Servers" preference page. For example, the "Language Servers" preference page has a list of Content Type to Language Server associations. Perhaps, next to the entry for the C/C++ Language Server, it would make sense to have a "Configure..." button that opens our specific preference page?

I think this is a very common use-case that plugins based on LS also ship some preference pages to tweak them. aCute has a preference page to locate .NET and could also use it to locate Omnisharp, Corrosion has a preference page to locate Rust, Cargo and RLS; and now CDT has one to detect clang and cquery and chose one of the other.
And indeed, a user may get to the LS pref page as entry point to tweak a LS, and may not realize that customization happens someplace else.
So I'm entirely in favor of adding a link from a mapping to another preference page. This could be achieved simply by adding a preferencePageReference attribute to the org.eclipse.lsp4e/contentTypeMapping extension point and rendered in the table as an hyperlink or something similar.

Feel free to provide a patch about this anytime, I would really welcome it and make sure we can collaborate to get this integrated soon.

Does anyone have some concern with this feature?

Cheers,