Re: [lsp4e-dev] Requesting feedback to a change that adds support for nested sub-projects to LSP4E

On May 11, 2018, at 14:26, Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't think it's worth making it configurable until we have a use-case for it.

Sorry, I must have misunderstood the discussion then. I thought there are concerns changing the current behavior because of existing implementations. But there is also a requirement to support a different behavior for a specific LS. Isn't that a use-case already?

Maybe the LSP should provide a `workspace/canHandleFile` request ?

I'm not sure why the protocol needs an extension. The concept of projects and sub-projects is pretty specific to Eclipse. IMO It doesn't make sense to have any LS deal with such abstractions/complexity. An LS should be pretty generic. Instead, the bridge between the LS and Eclipse needs to provide the correct adaption between Eclipse and the LS.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://guw.io/