Re: [lsp4e-dev] Is the contract of lsp4e to tie the rootURI of the language server to each Eclipse project instead of the Eclipse workspace?

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 9:19 AM, Vlad Dumitrescu <vladdu55@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The least intrusive way I can think of is to rely on the server recognizing the project's configuration and its dependencies (which it might have to do anyway) and have the client just spawn a server for each cluster of inter-dependent projects. Then the rootUri is not really a root anymore, but that might be ok.

A note: I think the server has to advertise somehow that it supports this kind of setup, so that the client knows if it is to spawn one server per project or per group. So an extension to the protocol would be required for generic behaviour. Otherwise, an eclipse-specific setting could be used in the client and it's up to the user to enable it.

regards,
Vlad

Back to the top