[lsp4e-dev] Is the contract of lsp4e to tie the rootURI of the language server to each Eclipse project instead of the Eclipse workspace?

Looking at http://git.eclipse.org/c/lsp4e/lsp4e.git/tree/org.eclipse.lsp4e/src/org/eclipse/lsp4e/ProjectSpecificLanguageServerWrapper.java it seems that if there is a viable Language Server, it will create one server for that particular project.
More concretely, it sets the rootUri to the location of the project, and not the workspace.

initParams.setRootUri(project.getLocation().toFile().toURI().toString());

Simple question: Is the use of project (vs workspace) the contract for lsp4e moving forward? Just need to know so that I can handle things properly on my end.

FWIW, I think this fits well with how VSCode does it for each rootFolder, although in the lsp4e implementation, you could have a proliferation of language servers for each Eclipse workspace.

—
Nick

Back to the top