Re: [locationtech-pmc] Upcoming release review for LocationTech Spatial4j 0.8

I reviewed the Eclipse Project Handbook, and I *think* I'm supposed to ask for an approval by the PMC:
https://www.eclipse.org/projects/handbook/#release

The review materials must be approved by the PMC; the project lead or a designated project committer should send an email to the PMC’s mailing list with a request for approval. The PMC will respond with feedback or a simple +1 indicating approval.

Here's my +1.
It's a little unclear as to the relative timing of this relative to the release review, which is scheduled for tomorrow (Wednesday).

I've gone about deploying Spatial4j 0.8 into Apache Lucene/Solr master to run tests to see that it works.  I can see some additional interface methods cause the need to write some trivial convenience methods (Spatial4j is not yet on Java 8, so doesn't benefit from default methods) but most Spatial4j users wouldn't implement their own implementations of these interfaces any way.

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer