[technology-pmc] Call for presenters for the first Geo API workshop (SIGSPATIAL 2019) in Chicago, IL

Greetings,

We are planning to hold the first Workshop on Geo API during the ACM SIGSPATIAL 2019 conference in Chicago, IL [https://sigspatial2019.sigspatial.org/]. The goal of this workshop is to provide students and researchers with hands-on experience with useful APIs such as web APIs or library APIs related to spatial data processing. At the same time, it gives an opportunity for API providers to reach out to targeted audience that can use their APIs. This will be an excellent opportunity to receive direct user feedback on your libraries and decide how to further simplify them for users. We are currently looking for potential presenters who are willing to provide a one to two hour tutorial on their APIs. The presentation will be done in a classroom-style setting where the audience will bring their laptops to follow the directions of the presenter. The room will be provided with a projector for the presenter and power and Internet for everyone. If you have any other requirements for the tutorial, we will be happy to entertain them per availability.

The workshop will be held on Tuesday, November, 5th colocated with ACM SIGSPATIAL 2019 in Chicago, IL. Last year, we had more than 400 participants in the conference and more than half of them participated on the workshop day. If anyone is interested, please send me a brief description of which API you would like to present, the scope of the tutorial, and how long the tutorial will be.

Your comments and questions are welcome.

--
Best regards
Ahmed Eldawy

Back to the top