Re: [technology-pmc] Approval for GeoMesa 2.2.0 release

Feedback:

Your overview is correct and describes the internal changes to GeoMesa codebase.

> This release updates JTS to version 1.16.0, which includes major package name changes. As such, this version of GeoMesa is only compatible with GeoTools 20+ and GeoServer 2.14+.

Is there any new feature for GeoMesa users? Or is it all about the compatibility.

> The GeoMesa team is pleased to support the latest GeoServer 2.14 series. This release updates to JTS Topology Suite library to 1.16.0 offering Geometry XYZM support. This is an official LocationTech release of JTS, which includes package name change.

If there are any other actual features to highlight we could do so?

Still this release has my +1, as noted it is a minor release so I am probably fishing for a feature to highlight.
--
Jody Garnett