[technology-pmc] Eclipse newsletter and Simultaneous release

Hi all,

As your committer rep, I wanted to let you know that the LocationTech projects have the opportunity to write for the Eclipse newsletter this fall/winter. As a run-up to that, Eclipse likes to feature a collection of releases as a 'simultaneous release' as a marketing tool to draw attention to an ecosystem's progress during a year.

From the PMC call today, Jody and I would like to suggest that we could use moving to LocationTech JTS version 1.15.1 (or later) as a driver for the simultaneous release. Jody and I worked the last week of June to upgrade GeoTools and GeoServer to use JTS 1.15.1, and we've already worked with GeoGig to update.

For your project, does a release in the fall timeframe make sense? And would you be interested in writing an article for the Eclipse newsletter?

Cheers,

Jim

Back to the top