Re: [technology-pmc] Spatial4j requesting v0.6 release approval

I noticed that you'd created a second 0.6 release record. I removed the old one, but captured the description from it just in case you want to revise the description of the new record.
This is the first official release for LocationTech.  As-such the Java package structure has been changed to reflect that (an API break).

The major feature of this release is a new "ShapeFactory" abstraction with builders for various shapes.  This reduces unnecessary dependencies on JTS and thus will enable other non-JTS shape implementations in the future (e.g. Lucene's Geo3d).

The API is still subject to lots of change that will hopefully be ironed out before the release following this one -- and that one will hopefully be 1.0.
For future reference, you can modify a release record by clicking on "Edit".

Is this the first release, or the first release from LocationTech?

Wayne