Re: [technology-pmc] Need a list of things we need exceptions for

Do you need version numbers for the following?

* EPSG database - need to ensure the language covers format shifting from access to H2. If it helps OSGeo reached out to IOGP during GeoTools incubation to ensure this use was okay (it was).

Software:

* jai-core - image processing library used by GeoTools. Commercial friendly distribution, but not open source, etc...
* jai-imageio - additional image formats beyond what is provided by java

Not on the list:

* vecmath - distributed as part of Java 3D. Last weeks code-sprint explored replacing this with EJML. I think this can be accomplished as part of geogig incubation
* imageio-ext available under a BSD license
* jai-ext available under a BSD license

Not sure:

* groovy is important to the geoscript project (one of the supported languages). I thought we had made a request already but I have not heard back. The project has one known issue where it needs to update from antlr 2.7.7 to a newer version.

Groovy moved to Apache Foundation (see last week announcement https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/groovy_submitted_to_become_a) and will be licenced under Apache License

Maybe we have to re-connect...

- Frank

--