Re: [technology-pmc] committer training hangout

Thanks for starting this thread

Here is an idea, coming out of something I missed doing at last weeks foss4gna. I had a task to figure out how to handle pull requests on github (using garret?) that I did not get around to.

Could you describe the problem? Is it from organizational or technical perspective? Maybe we can discuss it on PMC list as well and create a wiki page at Locationtech.org for it.

I think there are other interesting points using github:
* Commit-Hooks and validations against/with HIPP instances (some bugs are already filed)
* github pages (and continiously deployment from HIPP) vs. hosting of docs at Locationtech.org

- Frank

I am sure other development teams have run into questions.

Is it worth setting up a more general hangout for committers and run through "common" tasks now that we have our projects set up at locationtech.
--
Jody Garnett