[technology-pmc] Fw: Jiffle language and String template

Forwarded message:
From: Michael Bedward <michael.bedward@xxxxxxxxx>
Hi Jody,

Just replying to you because I think my reply would bounce from the
PMC list. Please feel free to forward anything that's useful...

If I understand Michael correctly he is interested in the following course
of action:

Jiffle
<-- Antlr Runtime 4
<-- Antlr StringTemplate 4 <-- Antlr Runtime 3.5

That's right, but if that's not acceptable I'm happy to try using
FreeMarker or similar as a fallback. I'm sure we could make it work.
I'll just sit tight until we work out what is most acceptable.

Aside: I really do not understand why Antlr insists of depend ending on
older versions of itself :(

I've never asked directly but I think it's just an accident of
circumstance: Terence updated StringTemplate from v3 to v4 before
ANTLR 4 took shape.

Michael

Back to the top