Re: [technology-pmc] jiffle 0.2.1

Is jiffle 0.2.1 usable without Antlr 2.7.7? I expect that the answer is no.
no.
Please clarify? Is this a library that you intend to distribute with the uDig code? (or is it a potential "works with" library?)
Right now I am submitting all the stuff we distribute with uDig 1.4.0. I am about 60% of the way through the list.

I am not the maintainer of the JGrass module which makes use of these facilities so I do not have the technical specifics, from my standpoint:  For we distribute a binary jar (for runtime) and a source jar (to assist developers in debugging).
I recommend that you go ahead and create the CQ, but let the IP team know that a new version is expected "soon".
I have added that comment, however before I can assign the CQ back to the IP team I need this email discussion :)

Indeed I am getting my cart before the horse, in that I need to link to an antlr 2.7.7 CQ so IPZilla gets the complete story.
They can do the necessary checks to grant parallel IP check-in and then just wait before engaging in the full IP review until the new version is ready. When the new version is ready, you can ask the IP team to just update the existing CQ for the new version.
Thanks for the tip.
This will save the IP team spending cycles on the 0.2.1 version. With the Antlr 2.7.7 dependency, you won't be able to release anyway.
My understanding is they may do a review, in order to just perform a "faster" review later.
Or have I missed something important?
I think you are on the money Wayne, I am just taking too long submitting everything.

Jody

Back to the top